Congratulations on becoming a parent!
No one can prepare you for what it feels like to become a parent but we can prepare you for is the practical side and how to look after and care for your baby in those early months. Our Postnatal Digital Kit was the first of its kind in the World and is here to to help you through those early days weeks and months with their newborn to ensure you have a positive postnatal period.
It contains a series of video workshops and audio guides from a group of leading, trusted postnatal support specialists and Midwives who give not only their professional advice, but practical tools to make sure your transition into parenthood is as positive and magical as it can be.
As well as covering all the basics we also look at topics that are not generally included in other parenting courses.
What's in the Course?
- Ten hours of comprehensive content from 22 Midwives and Postnatal experts
- 41 video workshops
- 42 audio guides
- Four supporting documents including a comprehensive step by step guide to the first six months
In our course we will teach you about:
- Choosing a Doula, home birth and what happens on the postnatal ward
- Understanding a difficult birth
- Recovering from birth
- Those early days, weeks and months at home
- Creating and managing a routine
- Introducing your newborn to their sibling
- Baby's health and wellbeing
- The benefits of baby massage and baby yoga and how to practice
- Feeding your baby; antenatal colostrum harvesting, breastfeeding, bottle feeding, expressing and weaning (our breastfeeding expert taught Kate Winslet and Kate Beckinsale to breastfeed)
- Recognising tongue-tie
- Baby proofing your home
- How to get your baby to sleep and safely
- Babywearing techniques
- Spotting the signs of teething and how to soothe your baby
- Postnatal fitness and yoga
- Nutrition and wellbeing for mummy
- Mental health for new parents
- Navigating relationship changes with your partner
- Preparing your dog to meet your newborn
- Returning to work
In addition there is also a downloadable Helping Hand Guide written by our midwife, Anneke, which covers everything you need to know in bite size chapters and checklists and four supporting pdfs with links to additional resources.
"Is it any good? In a word- yes! The Kit is absolutely wicked. There is SO much covered. Like literally everything you could ever think of is included, from a 21 minute baby massage video, to information about tongue tie- and that's just two of the seventeen files in the baby health and wellbeing bit- one of nine jam-packed sections. See? I told you. This course is FULL. The video and audio files are categorised really well and range from as short as under a minute or two (there is an excellent 1.47 video on How to Cough Properly to Avoid Urine Leakage, by Elodie Poissenot, My French Physio) right up to a 35 minute file of the sounds of a crying baby, to play to your dog, and get them used to the sound before you bring home the real thing. There is a huge amount of experts delivering these mini-lessons as well, such as Anneke herself and Dr Jemma Hunter: The Mummy Dentist and loads more. Again, as I've said now a few times- this course is brilliant."
Anneke, a UK Midwife, and Sarah, are co-founders of Komu. They are passionate about empowering new parents across the world with knowledge to create a positive birth experience and are on a mission to make antenatal and postnatal care more accessible. They want to ensure mum and dads are as prepared as possible and that becoming a parent is as a positive and a happy of an experience as it can be.
StartEverything you need to know on Antenatal Colostrum Harvesting by Anneke Brown, UK Midwife and co-founder (9:59)
StartWhat happens on a UK postnatal ward by Anneke Brown, UK Midwife and co-founder (08:32)
StartHome Birth by Anneke Brown, UK Midwife and co-founder (3:04)
StartChoosing your Doula by Emiliana Hall, The Doula Directory (11:38)
StartHave you had a difficult birth experience? By the Birth Trauma Association (4:05)
StartHow to be a confident parent by Chris and Rose, Expect the Best (04:06)
StartHow to manage a daily routine for you and your baby by Chris and Rose, Expect the Best (05:07)
StartHow to introduce your newborn to their sibling by Anneke Brown, UK Midwife and co-founder (03:04)