Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Our Bump and Beyond antenatal and postnatal course will help prepare you for parenthood, from knowing what to expect in labour to being as mentally and physically prepared as possible for the birth of your child, and the days, weeks and months that follow.
The course combines a comprehensive antenatal course to ensure you have a positive birth experience, and then a postnatal course to prepare you for the practical side and how to look after and care for your baby and yourself.
The course was created by good friends, mum and Midwife, Anneke, who shares her decades worth of knowledge and expertise and a mum of two, Sarah.
The course contains a series of video workshops and audio guides from leading, trusted birth, antenatal and postnatal support specialists and Midwives who give not only their professional expertise, but practical tools and information to make sure your journey to meeting and caring for your baby is as positive as it can be.
As well as covering all of the basics we also look at topics that are not generally included in other parenting courses.
What’s in the course?
- 11 hours of comprehensive content from 22 Midwives and Antenatal and Postnatal experts
- 49 video workshops
- 42 audio guides
- Four supporting documents including a comprehensive step by step guide to the first six months
The course is broken down into two sections; antenatal and postnatal and in each chapter we will teach you about:
- Antenatal colostrum harvesting
- Choosing a Doula
- Birth place choices
- Pain relief options
- Stages of labour
- What happens on a postnatal ward
- Those early days, weeks and months at home
- Understanding a difficult birth experience
- Feeding your baby; breastfeeding, bottle feeding and weaning (our breastfeeding expert taught Kate Winslet and Kate Beckinsale to breastfeed)
- Preparing your dog to meet your newborn (from Channel 4’s Puppy School presenter, Oli Juste)
- Creating and managing a routine
- How to wear your baby
- Introducing your newborn to their sibling
- Baby's health and wellbeing
- Recognising tongue-tie
- Spotting the signs of teething and how to soothe your baby
- The benefits of baby massage and baby yoga and how to practice
- Baby proofing your home
- How to get your baby to sleep and safely
- Postnatal fitness exercises and yoga
- Nutrition and wellbeing for mummy
- Recovering from birth and your pelvic floor
- Mental health challenges for new parents and navigating relationship changes
- Returning to work after maternity leave
In addition there is also a downloadable Helping Hand Guide written by our Midwife, Anneke, which covers everything you need to know in bite size chapters and checklists and four supporting pdfs with links to additional resources.
"Is it any good? In a word- yes! The course is absolutely wicked. There is SO much covered. Like literally everything you could ever think of is included, from a 21 minute baby massage video, to information about tongue tie- and that's just two of the seventeen files in the baby health and wellbeing bit- one of nine jam-packed sections. See? I told you. This course is FULL. The video and audio files are categorised really well and range from as short as under a minute or two (there is an excellent 1.47 video on How to Cough Properly to Avoid Urine Leakage, by Elodie Poissenot, My French Physio) right up to a 35 minute file of the sounds of a crying baby, to play to your dog, and get them used to the sound before you bring home the real thing. There is a huge amount of experts delivering these mini-lessons as well, such as Anneke herself and Dr Jemma Hunter: The Mummy Dentist and loads more. Again, as I've said now a few times- this course is brilliant."
Anneke, a UK Midwife, and Sarah, are co-founders of Komu. They are passionate about empowering new parents across the world with knowledge to create a positive birth experience and are on a mission to make antenatal and postnatal care more accessible. They want to ensure mum and dads are as prepared as possible and that becoming a parent is as a positive and a happy of an experience as it can be.