Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Our Bump & Beyond Bundle combines our Bump Course and our Beyond Birth Course for a discounted price.
Together these courses will help prepare you for parenthood, from knowing what to expect in labour to being as mentally and physically prepared as possible for the birth of your child, and the days, weeks and months that follow.
The course combines a comprehensive antenatal course to ensure you have a positive birth experience, and then a postnatal course to prepare you for the practical side and how to look after and care for your baby and yourself.
It contains a series of video workshops and audio guides from leading, trusted birth, antenatal and postnatal support specialists and Midwives who give not only their professional expertise, but practical tools and information to make sure your journey to meeting and caring for your baby is as positive as it can be.
As well as covering all of the basics we also look at topics that are not generally included in other parenting courses.
What’s in the course?
- Monthly live Q&As on Zoom with our midwife, Anneke so you can ask any questions you may have
- 12 hours of comprehensive content from 24 Midwives and Antenatal and Postnatal experts
- 54 video workshops
- 42 audio guides
- Four supporting documents including a comprehensive step by step guide to the first six months, hospital bag check lists and exclusive discounts.
The course is broken down into two sections; antenatal and postnatal and in each chapter we will teach you about:
Pregnancy, labour & birth
- Birth place choices
- Pain relief options
- Positions in labour
- Stages of labour
- What to expect in an abdominal birth
- What is a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) & ERCS (Elective Repeat Cesarean Section) and what do you need to know
- Home birth
- What happens on a postnatal ward
- Recovering from a physiological or abdominal birth
- Understanding a difficult birth experience
- Antenatal colostrum harvesting
- Choosing a Doula
- Pregnancy Yoga
Caring for your baby
- How to feed your baby ( breastfeeding, bottle feeding and expressing)
- How to get your baby to sleep and safely
- The early days, weeks and months at home
- Creating and managing a routine
- Introducing your newborn to their sibling
- Introducing your dog to your baby (with Channel 4's dog trainer, Oli Juste)
- Baby's health and wellbeing
- Recognising Tongue-tie
- Spotting the signs of teething and how to soothe your baby
- The benefits of baby massage and baby yoga and how to practice
- Babywearing techniques
- Baby proofing your home
Caring for you
- Abdominal birth scar massage
- Postnatal fitness and yoga
- Post birth nutrition and wellbeing
- Your pelvic floor
- Mindful parent practices
- Mental health for new parents
- Navigating relationship changes with your partner
- Returning to work.
In addition there is also a downloadable Helping Hand Guide written by our Midwife, Anneke, which covers everything you need to know in bite size chapters and checklists and four supporting pdfs with links to additional resources.
We want to support as any families as possible so you are an NHS Trust looking to offer our Bump & Beyond course as part of your hospital's antenatal and postnatal education please do get in touch at [email protected]
"Is it any good? In a word- yes! The Course is absolutely wicked. There is SO much covered. Like literally everything you could ever think of is included, from a 21 minute baby massage video, to information about tongue tie- and that's just two of the seventeen files in the baby health and wellbeing bit- one of nine jam-packed sections. See? I told you. This course is FULL. The video and audio files are categorised really well and range from as short as under a minute or two (there is an excellent 1.47 video on How to Cough Properly to Avoid Urine Leakage, by Elodie Poissenot, My French Physio) right up to a 35 minute file of the sounds of a crying baby, to play to your dog, and get them used to the sound before you bring home the real thing. There is a huge amount of experts delivering these mini-lessons as well, such as Anneke herself and Dr Jemma Hunter: The Mummy Dentist and loads more. Again, as I've said now a few times- this course is brilliant." Melissa Suffield
"Having just had a baby six weeks ago, Komu has been invaluable to me. Sure, there’s plenty of information out there on the internet, but often it’s out of date and there’s often conflicting advice. I trust Komu because it is created by a Midwife alongside lots of postnatal experts who offer their professional advice and first-hand experience. Everything about the Course has been incredibly useful and it’s nice to have everything you need in one place rather than having to Google each time. I would definitely recommend it to all expecting parents."
Anneke, a UK Midwife, and Sarah, are co-founders of Komu. They are passionate about empowering new parents across the world with knowledge to create a positive birth experience and are on a mission to make antenatal and postnatal care more accessible. They want to ensure mum and dads are as prepared as possible and that becoming a parent is as a positive and a happy of an experience as it can be.
StartMonthly Midwife Q&A
StartBirth & Bump (optional) session timetable
StartBirth choices and preferences
StartBeyond Birth checklist
StartBeyond Birth Downloadable Handbook
StartDirectory of Contributing Experts
StartHospital bag check list for physiological births
StartHospital bag check list for abdominal births
StartExclusive discounts for expectant and new parents
StartDownload our App - My Mindful Midwife (0:55)
StartHome Birth by Anneke Brown, UK Midwife and co-founder (3:04)
StartWhat is a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) & ERCS (Elective Repeat Cesarean Section) and what do you need to know by Anneke Brown, UK Midwife & co-founder of Komu
StartEverything you need to know on Antenatal Colostrum Harvesting by Anneke Brown, UK Midwife and co-founder (9:59)
StartChoosing your Doula by Emiliana Hall, The Doula Directory (11:38)